Hey guys! After the great response to my Harry Potter party guide and printables (check it out here, if you haven’t already), I decided to do the same thing again, but this time with a Game of Thrones theme! If you want to host your own party, the PDF containing all of the decorations is at the bottom of this post, so check it out. 🙂
First off, invites. I know these days most people just create an event on Facebook, but it can be nice to send out old-fashioned invitations, to make it more personal. Plus, this way you’re already going with the GoT theme nicely…
Next, food is always an important aspect of a party! Whether you’re going to town with an entire Game of Thrones inspired menu (check out recipe ideas here: www.innatthecrossroads.com), or just providing a few nibbles, these decorations will help you create a fun buffet area.
Another fun way of making your food and drink go along with the theme is to stick these GoT inspired wine and beer labels to your bottles of alcohol!
Often when hosting a party you may want to limit the guests to certain rooms of the house only – especially if you live with parents and don’t want guests wandering into upstairs bedrooms or other places! If this is the case, these signs can be stuck to doors to signal that the area is out of bounds.
If your party is to celebrate someone’s birthday, this Name Day banner is a must. If you like, you can print multiple copies of it, and string the pieces together to make bunting to hang.
Now, decorations! Print lots of copies, and stick them up across doors and windows, make collages on walls, and hang them from furniture. The more your party space screams GAME OF THRONES, the better!
These printables have only just touched the surface of the endless possibilities there are for your very own Game of Thrones themed party. Other ideas include:
- playing the soundtrack in the background, or having episodes run quietly on the TV
- making your own Iron Throne for guests to sit on (tutorial here: www.instructables.com/id/Make-Your-Own-Iron-Throne)
- making paper mache dragon eggs for a centrepiece
- holding a fancy-dress contest and awarding a sword or themed prize to the winner
- setting up an inflatable (to avoid injuries) sword fight area in the garden
- decorating different parts of the house to match different houses (e.g red cloths and lion crests in the Lannister corner)
- buying plastic goblets and metallic serving plates
- lighting candles or purchasing some imitation candles to add ambiance to the rooms
- researching some Game of Thrones themed party games to play with guests
Well, there you have it! My guide to hosting an amazing Game of Thrones themed party. I hope this has inspired you to have your own, and now as promised, here is the PDF of all the printable decorations featured above: GoT Party.
Enjoy!!! B x